To Tanglefoot is to forget everything you thought you knew about how bikes are supposed to be. It's opening your mind to the cosmos and letting the vibration of the Earth itself guide you. Bring on the full moon, let it be your mirror. Go camp on a frozen pond on the coldest day of the year, clear doubles on a drop bar rigid bike. Let your peers tell you you can't, then do.
The Moonshiner is the embodiment of an ethos that has crawled this Earth since before that one fish even ever dreamed it was possible. No BS and no compromises. The Moonshiner laughs at dings and scratches, head on collisions? Bring it on!
We don't want to offend the Moonshiner by shoving it in any category but it's hair mearly bristles when you call it an ATB (all terrain bike). It's the master of the Green Mountains, and can take whatever the rest of the world has to throw at it too. Any thing the rest of time has to offer too. This bike isn't future proof, it is the future.
Boost spacing front and rear, dropper routing, designed around zero offset seatposts and extra short reach (AKA no-reach) stems. Braze ons for fenders and all the racks. Low standover and a high bottom bracket, so you keep the pedals spinning even in the gnarliest of terrain. You don't ride the Moonshiner, it rides you.
- Same Head tube Angle, Seat Tube Angle, BB drop, fork offset, on all sizes. They all ride the same.
- No toe clip overlap, even with 3″ tires, big feet, placed in the middle of a platform pedal.
- East Coast gnarly trail geo for no pedal strikes, ultra high stability in all conditions
- ZS44/EC44 Headset
- Boost spacing front and rear (15mm front, 12mm rear axels 1.5 TP)
- 27.5 x 3 on 40mm rims or 29 x 2.6 on 35mm rims
- Flat mount front and rear brakes with rotors 180mm front (with Discord's 180 FM adaptor), 160mm rear (no adapter needed for rear 160mm rotors), or 160mm front and rear
- Internal dropper routing, 30.9 seatpost
- Slack seat tube angle to account for 0mm offset seat posts (aka all good droppers). Also helps with rear wheel traction.
- Stiff enough for extended loaded touring.
- All the braze-ons