Low top tube version Clem Smith Jr. Frameset
Rivendell’s Clem Smith Jr is a long wheel base, super comfortable, pretty fast do everything, almost, bike. Big tire clearance means you can ride it in the rough stuff, but no nasty mountain biking. Upright riding position means your hands and neck and shoulders feel good. Ride this one with Bosco bars, for sure. Long wheelbase for stability in any conditions.
Here’s what makes the Clem Smith Jr. great:
- You can sit upright, and see stuff, like cars, raccoons, turtles, nice old barns.
- It can take lots of weight, and front and rear racks. Great for touring where it’s sorta flatish, or commuting, up to say, 20 miles.
- Big tire clearance. We say 2″ tires plus fenders
- Steel frame, so it’s strong and repairable, and safe
- long wheelbase, for stability at any speed.
- great Rivendell paint job
Frame Size/Wheel Size
- 45cm/26inch wheels
Typical rider height: 5-0 to 5-5
- 52cm/27.5inch wheels
Typical rider height: 5-5 to 5-11
- 59cm/700c wheels, with room for 29er tires
Typical rider height: 5-9 to 6-8